_

_

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Katelyn's Birthday

We started off for Katelyn's birthday at story time. Then we headed over to the roller coaster place (aka Trafalga in Lehi) to take advantage of some nice weather. Katelyn and Sadie both love going here.



Katelyn really wanted a rainbow cake. I figured making a pull apart cupcake cake would make her party easier for me. I think it turned out really great with the cupcake shape looking like a cloud.


Katelyn wanted to go to the popcorn place (aka Winger's) for dinner. Made my meal making easy for the day.

She was so excited to finally get Sleeping Beauty. It was the only princess she was missing. This one even came with a horse and carriage and Prince Phillip.

Sadie gave her Tinker Belle, which she herself played with for the rest of the night.

"It's my Birthday!"


We had her party on Saturday with some of her friends from her church class. Note to self for future reference: Katelyn has a hard time understanding that you can have a party on a different day than your actual birthday.
We had a Princess Tea Party and everyone came dressed up as a princess.

They had fun making crowns, putting the crown on the princess, and making hand fans. I think the most fun they had was just playing in Katelyn's room together.

Having "tea" with finger peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and apples.

Sadie decided to be the entertainment and hop around like a frog. She was making everyone laugh.

All our princesses: BriceLynn, Jayelee, Kate, Alyssa, Sadie, and Katelyn

On Sunday Katelyn celebrated her birthday with Grandpa Steve and Grandma Gail. She was so excited when they gave her a bigger bike (I'm so happy I suggested it). I think Katelyn had a wonderful birthday and I don't think all the boxes around our house got in her way.

3 comments:

The Halladays said...

You are so good! I love her cake! Good job mom!

Mandy said...

I bet you had fun with the left over jelly beans too! I love their princess dresses! It looks like a fun party. Andrew wishes he could have a crown just like Katelyns! Happy Birthday Katelyn, and good luck with the moving!

Megan said...

Looks like a fabulous birthday party to me! Her cake is super cake - very creative. I hope you guys made it okay and everything went smoothly (as possible anyway) with the move.