_

_

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Life changes

We have had a very busy last few weeks. We do not anticipate it slowing down any time soon since we are preparing for some big changes in our lives. Nate will be starting a new job November 15 in Denver. It is the same job he has now, but for the State of Colorado instead of Utah. We are excited for the change. With every change comes stress and a lot of decisions. Sometimes we both look back at being a little kid with envy. The biggest decision was what to wear to school. I still have issues with what to wear and now we have to make decisions about if to sell or rent our condo, what house to buy, what city to live in, and how do we uproot our whole lives here and move it to another state. We'll do it one piece at a time and hope we make good decisions that we can live with.

We have had other fun.
Thank you Gail and Grandma Jean for taking us to see The Lion King. It was amazing to see and I know that Katelyn loved being the only little person among all the grownups.

We started potty training Sadie this last week. She has done amazing. She has only had 3 accidents all week. We are very proud of her. She has also discovered that without a diaper she has what she likes to call "squishy butt". I guess her butt feels plumper and softer without a diaper. Makes me laugh every time she says it and makes all of us feel it.

I hope this next week goes as good as this last one and wish us luck to find a great house this next weekend as we go to find one.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Congrats on the move to Denver! Sounds exciting! My sister and her husband currently live in Aurora and LOVE it! They'll be moving when he finishes his residency as a pediatric dentist, but really wish they could stay (and they might...who knows!). So happy for you guys!

Shawn and Megan Atwood said...

When Ryker found out Katelyn was moving his response was, "Why do all my friends move" We are happy for you though, it will be nice living closer to family. And I am very jealous about the potty training thing. Bridger is not even close to being interested. Let us know how we can help with the upcoming move. Your kids can come play whenever!

Alicia said...

Hooray!!! Tell Nathan that when you guys are all settled we'll have a mini-mission reunion with Thev and his family!!!

Zarah said...

Moving across State lines is so tough, but we're glad that you guys are moving closer! Let us know if you need any help!

Megan said...

Nope. Sorry. I refuse to let this happen.

Okay. So I am happy for you guys to be closer to family and what not, but I am majorly bummed. For starters, Who will I go see Eclipse with?! ;)

Hopefully we could hang out before you go? Perhaps a trip to get some fro yo? Or you could drop your kids off for the day while you pack? Let me help any way I can!

Sommer said...

What?! This is big news. Congrats for the new job and being closer to family. Send the girls over when ever you need to.