_

_

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

This domestic goddess thing is harder than it looks.

I've been trying to be a little more crafty. For Christmas I made my mom a new mixer cover to try and match her kitchen. It went pretty well, so I made myself one. It has been so nice to pull the cover off and use it, instead of having to wash the dust out before starting.

It's hard to tell from this picture, but it has little cute cherry braids on it to match my kitchen.
I'm super excited about spring coming. Last week I bought the girls flip-flops and made this cute skirt for Katelyn. I'm making the same style skirt for both the girls for Easter. I decided to go on the simple route this year. The dresses last year were kind of a headache.
This skirt was seriously so simple to make. If you want to try it, it's found here.

I was so proud of myself for actually finishing a project that I started. Look at me, I'm ecstatic. Nate thought this was a good enough picture to keep, so I'm putting it on for the few people that read this to see.

If you have a good crafty idea for me, let me know. Seriously, I could use all the help I can get.

6 comments:

Zarah said...

The skirt is cute! I bet the girls will look beautiful in them. Way to go on finishing a project!

Jen Bowen said...

I get most of my ideas from craft blogs online. Most of the ideas are great projects to make for little girls. I need to have a little girl one of these days...

mom T. said...

I love my mixer cover and your's looks absolutely wonder. The girls will look so cute in their skirts. Way to go sweetheart!

Megan said...

Way to go! My craftiness entails me looking at other people's awesomeness and coveting it. lol. Can you use your new skills to make Spring stay? I don't like that it was so cold yesterday after all the warmth. I want to use my flip flops too!

Shawn and Megan Atwood said...

Loving the mixer cover! What a great idea! And those little Easter skirts are so cute, how fun!

Mandy said...

It all looks great! (including you too!) I'm hoping to get some inspiration from you!