I woke up yesterday morning to some really loud noises. I looked at the clock and thought why would anybody be working on my roof at 6:30 in the morning? I got my shoes on and went out to see what was going on. Their was a gaggle of birds (I guess a gaggle is more for geese, right?)on my roof. I figured that is what was making all the ruckus. I got back inside and it was louder and sounded like it was coming from my dryer. Something was in the dryer hose and was struggling. I wasn't about to try and do it myself and Nate said he would take care of it when he got home. It startled me every time I heard it all day. After dinner, Nate moved the dryer and was ready to catch it. He took the hose off and was not quick enough to trap it. The robin fell out and hopped behind the washer. I quickly started shutting doors so it wouldn't go in our bedrooms and opened the front door and balcony door. Nate almost got it when it decided it could fly. It flew into the kitchen window and hopped around my sink for a few minutes. Nate scared it and it flew right at me and out the balcony door. Sadie started to cry, not because of the bird, but when mommy screamed like a little girl. When it left, Katelyn said sadly "Awww, we don't have a pet bird anymore." She really wants a pet, but I don't think a wild bird is the answer.
12 years ago




4 comments:
How bizarre. Daniel would probably want a pet bird also.
That is crazy! There are always birds at the top of the condo though I can see how it happened - but coming all the way into your house - insane! We had an incident a couple of weeks ago where a cricket was in our printer and I waited until Ross got home to take care of it - man that was annoying to listen to all day. Now Anna thinks there are crickets in the outlet and all sorts of hidden places around the house. Love it.
That's crazy! We had a woodpecker once and that was LOUD! My friend just had a squirrel stuck in her that ended up getting out and running across her bed at 6am......
That's too funny. I think my favorite part though is Katelyn being sad about not getting to have a pet bird.
Post a Comment