_

_

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sadie's 2nd Birthday

On Sunday we got to celebrate with Grandpa Steve and Grandma Gail up in Park City.

She was excited to open presents and blow out her candles on her cake.

On her birthday she walked around all day saying, "Open presents now?" I kept saying we had to wait for daddy to come home first. Her birthday was interesting because the night before she had hurt her foot or leg and so she wouldn't walk at all. All morning I had to carry her around. We went to the store she sat in the cart without any complaint. That never happens. We went to the library and she sat in a stroller. That never happens. By the time dad got home she was walking around but limping. We really have no idea what she did because neither of us saw what happened. She seems better now, but her one foot is turned in when she walks now. She's been tripping herself.

Her presents mostly consisted of Dora things. She loved all of them.

Her cake was a bit of a headache. It was originally not going to be all covered with fondant. Our house was 81 degrees and our air conditioner wasn't working. The buttercream frosting I made was melting and separating on the cake. It still tasted good, but looked awful. So I rolled out the marshmallow fondant, and put it on. Not perfect, but pretty good for my first try. If you look closely you can see the frosting melting out at the bottom of the cake and the crack in the fondant because of too much moisture from the frosting. Oh well, Sadie didn't complain.
I still think it looks pretty cute for a character cake. She sure loves Dora. Happy birthday Sadie Bug!
Sadie has been obsessed with puzzles. She does them all the time. She also like to point out all slides as we drive around. She like to say "Look at me mama, look at me." She also randomly starts saying "Cock-a-doodle-do" over and over and over. I think it is so cute and funny. It's probably how she says it with her head back and her lips puckered out. Like I said before she loves Dora and lately Diego. She participates with it and loves yelling Map and Packback (Backpack). She also like to try and snap her fingers and say "Oh, man" just like Swiper. She is just so funny and cute to watch and listen to. I really enjoy spending time with her and being her mom.
At her 2 year old doctors appointment her stats were: 33 in, 25%ile; 27.3 lbs 50%ile
She is really healthy and right on track with her speech and what she can do. The doctor did feel her foot and said he couldn't feel any broken bones and then she got two shots in the other leg and wouldn't walk for the rest of the day. She is sure one silly girl and we love her to pieces.

1 comments:

Megan said...

I love that first picture! What a ham. I think your cake turned out super cute. Oh Dora. Don't you think Swiper is the lamest villain EVER?! Though I found it funny that instead of just turning your AC lower, you redid your cake. lol.

P.S. They have Pear fro yo today. I think I might be making a trip in to try it. Yay!