_

_

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

This last year has brought our family a lot of blessings. Here is our count down:


5. Katelyn is the proud owner of underwear. She did such a good job with potty training. I think it's because we did not push her and we let her set her own pace to learn. Treats also helped. It's nice to not have to change her diaper, but it would also be nice not to have to see what every stores bathroom looks like.


4. We paid off Nate's car and I got to get some wheels. It has been so nice not to be stuck at home all day. We love to go to story time and even grocery shopping. We had only one car for three years and it is such a blessing that we could afford to get another. I love my car.



3. Nate finished school last December, but he walked in April. It was fun to see him graduate. He started his first real job one year ago. We are grateful for the experiences that he is getting from it. The hours may be long and some times boring, but we love that it pays our bills and makes me feel secure.




2. Katelyn this last year, ate something green. For a long time if she would see anything green, she would refuse to eat it no matter what it was. One day we were eating spinach salad and she picked a piece up and said "hey I like this". She has eaten salad from then on. For a while she would only eat it if I folded it up into little packages, but now she eats it any way.



1. Sadie being born into our family was the biggest blessing of the year. She has brought so much happiness to our home. I really like having two little girls. I wasn't so happy about being pregnant for so long with her. 11 days late was a very long time. Now looking back, she was well worth it. I love her bashful cuddles and gummy grins. I love seeing Katelyn talk and entertain her. I hope that they become the best of friends. Nate and I are so grateful for Katelyn and Sadie.



2008 was full of happiness for our family. I know that 2009 will bring more challenges and with that always seems to bring blessings and joy. Happy New Year to all of you!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

It was great to see you last Sunday! Your baby is so darling!!

We should definitely try and get together when you are here again, let me know!

Megan said...

Happy New Year! I love your recap and the first picture is great. Too bad we have to start the new year without you guys. Anna keeps asking when Kakewyn gets home from her grandmas...like she knows what a month means. I just keep telling her not for a long time. LOL.

linnylou said...

you have a beautiful family!
lindsey (ringle)

Ashley Ann said...

Great post! I love your playlist. Great music on it!