_

_

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dinosaurs and Butterflies?

Katelyn's Birthday
Katelyn wanted to go to the Dinosaur Museum on her birthday. So Sadie and I took her there. We had to brave the wind and rain, but it was so worth it. Katelyn had a great time playing. It was nice to relax and just watch her play.
Sadie was a big help. She stayed happy even though mom woke her up by pulling her out of the car and being pelted by cold rain. I love that she is so close to sitting on her own. I can now use small strollers.
When daddy got home from work, we ate dinner and then went to vote. Even though I don't really think our votes matter since we live in Utah (always the same outcome), we both thought it was important to always show our kids that we do our civic duty.
Katelyn had a great time opening presents. She loved everything that she got. She had to play with everything. We had to pry her away so we could eat cake.

Thank you to Grandma Paula, we have two kids birthday cake books. Katelyn had so much fun going through each one and finally, after much thought, picked to have this butterfly cake. I think it turned out really cute. I always have a lot of fun putting them together.
Katelyn and I both liked it. Nate liked the cake part, but it had yucky oreos on it. He is so strange. Who hates oreos? It is actually kind of great because if I buy them, they don't mysteriously disappear.
Birthday Party
Yesterday we had a little birthday party for Katelyn. It was fun to have some of her little friends over to play and celebrate. I gave her a few options for themes and she picked to have a Noah's Ark party.
I found some great stuff online at Oriental Trading. They had these great Noah's ark picture frames that you got to decorate with animal stickers.
We also decorated cupcakes. Katelyn loved having her friends over to play.

2 comments:

Zarah said...

Looks like Katelyn had a great birthday! I think the cake looks awesome.

Megan said...

I am glad that Sadie was able to take Katelyn to the museum ;) Her cake turned out awesome - so cute! And Nate is weird for not liking Oreos. Thanks again for inviting Anna to the party. She had so much fun and hasn't stopped talking about it. She keeps playing with all the stuff in 'the purple birthday katelyn thank you bag'